Website Canadian National Railway
The role of the Specialist Solution & System Integration in Capacity, Performance and Reliability (CPR) is to ensure optimal operation and scalability of complex train control systems. The Specialist ensures that non-functional systems and sub-system requirements are met for a more reliable and resilient network.
- Develop and test zero-impact software upgrade or maintenance procedures.
- Optimize the continuous integration, deployment, and test pipeline.
- Develop and optimize a load traffic model for the systems under test.
- Improve test strategy for train control systems and sub-systems toward for faster and more accurate outcome.
- Develop and optimize analysis, monitoring and reporting tools.
- Analyze complex performance and capacity issues, identify bottlenecks, and make recommendations to improve system performance and capacity.
- Identify key performance and capacity indicators for various train control systems and sub-systems.
- Design and implement automation scripts or framework for performance and capacity testing.
- Proficient in DevOps, build automation using Azure/Jenkins, Docker and Kubernetes, version control (Bitbucket, Git), and Jira
- Networking protocols such TCP/IP, IBM MQ
- Programing languages: Java and Python
- Experience in the design and development of test traffic generating tools
- Application development of REST-based API’s (json/yaml/OpenAPI) and micro services
- Proficient in programming technologies in area of expertise
- Experience in project delivery and software engineering projects in a corporate or enterprise environment
- Knowledge on test automation for performance, load and functional testing
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience, of which 2 years as a software developer.
- Kafka, Azure Event Hub, Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana (ELK)
Company: Canadian National Railway
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A