Website Canadian National Railway
The Expert project manager will possess the authority to manage end-to-end planning and delivery of multiple parallel projects within the Operational Technology program office. The candidate oversees all aspects of projects, sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, monitors and summarizes progress of the project, builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects. Additionally, the project manager prepares reports for upper management regarding status of the projects and verifies that the project portfolio achieves the potential benefits defined in the projects business case. The project manager will actively participate in the deployment of projects governance, standards & best practices. Furthermore, the candidate will be responsible to supervise project team members as required..
- Manages project constrains & assumptions and maintain projects KPIs throughout the projects lifecycle.
- Escalates issues and risks with available options as appropriate;
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures;
- Identifies resource requirements;
- Ensures project transparency with timely and effective project communications;
- Successfully hands over the project outcomes to operation & support teams, leading to successful projects closure.
- Report progress to delivery manager and/or head of a unit/department and steering committee;
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals;
- Negotiates changes in scope, budget or schedule with sponsor and steering committee and/or management according to CN I&T operating model;
- Aligns delivery teams & practices throughout the projects execution.
- Identifies milestones and critical success factors;
- Leads steering committee with the Senior Delivery Managers.
- Leads and directs the work of others;
- Communicates and collaborates with people across the organization, partners, clients and vendors to get work done;
- Responsible for coordination and completion of large scale and complex projects;
- Quick learner, autonomous and comfortable managing ambiguity in a fast paced, changing environment;
- Strong leadership, negotiation, facilitation and interpersonal skills;
- Experience working in the Transportation or Rail industry on IT projects is an asset.
- Ability to think strategically and at the same time diving deep into technical and operational details
- Experience in project handover/ handover to operation along with associated change management knowledge.
- Master project management best practices and strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact with different levels and types of users.
- Experience with end to end delivery of mission-critical technology products/services where down time is close to zero
- At least 10 years experience in IT Project Management.
- Adequate knowledge of data engineering concepts and technologies
- Excellent communication of both written and spoken English and French.
- Ability to coordinate interdependencies with other projects.
- Intermediate to expert skill with MS Excel or MS PowerPoint.
- Highly familiar with Agile methodologies (Lean, Scrum,…), Dev-Ops, and continuous integration & continuous delivery.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project Professional Server (PPM)/PWA);
- Proven experience with cloud migration projects such as Azure and GCP
- Preferably holding PMP Certification, or equivalent (Prince-2, PMI-ACP, …).
- Ability to deliver projects on-time/on-budget that meet business objectives;
Company: Canadian National Railway
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, Quebec, CA
Application Deadline: N/A