Website Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
Obtain input from internal and external stakeholders and clients on issues and opportunities related to policies, products, services and/or systems, specifically related to equity issues.
- Understanding, influencing and/or serving people are important considerations in causing actions or acceptance by others.
- Contribute to the development of information, analysis and insight that establishes CMHC as a leader in housing equity.
- Provide expert and comprehensive advice, guidance and recommendations to senior management on the development of innovative policies, products, services and/or systems including responding to priority housing and equity issues.
- Identify opportunities and maintain relationships by engaging in consultations with internal and external stakeholders, government and private sector, academics and other related experts.
- Develop authoritative, evidence-based policy advice and strategic communication for senior management and ministers on complex and sensitive issues related to equity.
- Minimum of five years of prior related experience, with at least 1 year working equity-related activities (e.g. consultations with communities, leading work directly in support of equity in a business or volunteer capacity)
- Understanding and use of GBA+ and/or other equity tools/tooklits to influence and assess program and policy design
- Postgraduate degree from a recognized university or a professional designation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to speak and write clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles to communicate and defend messages and positions.
- Demonstrated analytical, creative and conceptual skills to effectively contribute to business objectives and strategic direction.
- Experience working directly in housing equity, built environment or housing programs in the private, public or not-for-profit sectors
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized university in Social Science, Business Administration or Economics
- Demonstrated qualitative and quantitative research and analytical skills to develop policy options and assess expected outcomes.
Company: Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC)
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A