Website City of Vancouver
Working collaboratively within their team and system-wide, this position creates a welcoming, patron-centered experience through its involvement in the design, planning, and delivery of responsive information services and a variety of library and literacy programs. Under the guidance of a librarian, the incumbent assists in the planning of programming for children, teens and adults. The incumbent delivers programs for children, teens and adults. This position provides instruction and support to the public on to the use of digital devices such as e-readers to access library resources. An incumbent in this role understands and practices community-led approaches and represents the Library’s vision, mission and values by demonstrating and modeling conduct that reflects the library’s policies and procedures.
- Completion of an approved Library Technician diploma program and 2 years of experience in a customer service environment
- Completion of an undergraduate degree from a recognized university and two years’ experience in a customer service environment, and considerable experience demonstrated in an area such as programming, information services, collection maintenance, and/or community collaboration.
- Ability to plan, organize and carry out assigned duties and responsibilities with supervision
- Working Knowledge of the objectives, organization, procedures, services and resources of the Library
- Considerable knowledge of library methods, procedures and tools applicable to the work
- Ability to participate in the planning and presentation, including public speaking and instruction, of library programs and projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Pleasant and effective customer service skills
- Ability to pleasantly and effectively deliver children’s programs and services
- Ability to participate in the maintenance of the library collection
Company: City of Vancouver
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A