Website City of Toronto
Develops business applications, information systems, system integrations, and provides technical support for various People & Equity systems and applications built using Oracle, Oracle Application Express (APEX) and other database tools
- Participates in systems testing, upgrades and trouble-shooting as required
- Assists in the development of business processes, procedures and documentation as required to accompany data solutions
- May be required to represent the People & Equity division in meetings, or on projects involving other strategic partner divisions
- Provides input and review of implementation, rollout strategies and plans
- Facilitates, gathers, and documents business, user, and technical requirements towards system design
- Uses technical expertise to research, investigate options, and propose solutions
- Creates data models and design documents to meet user requirements
- Conducts unit testing, configuration, system integration testing, and participates in deployment and go-live activities
- Contributes to the development, implementation and maintenance of various system reports, extracts and interfaces
- Post-secondary education in Computer Sciences, Information Technology or related discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Considerable experience with database design, database development, data analysis, data collection, data validation, programming (SQL, PL/SQL, VBA), reporting, ETL processes, and database application support.
- Experience with data modelling using SQL Developer / Data Modeller, or similar tools.
- Considerable experience developing and sustaining medium to large scale Oracle Application Express (APEX) database software applications.
- Experience in performing testing and quality assurance of web based applications.
- Considerable experience working on technology implementation projects and/or in a software production support environment
Company: City of Toronto
Job Category: Cities And States
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A