Website City of Toronto
Plans, investigates and completes varied engineering assignments to address problems of moderate complexity and/or assists a Senior Engineer or Manager in addressing more complex problems related to wastewater treatment.
- Assists in preparation of capital and operating budget; defines scope and financial impact of projects/proposals.
- Prepares engineering analysis and evaluates and recommends new systems, work procedures and technologies with the potential to improve performance of the division.
- Plans, investigates and prepares reports and recommendations concerning engineering problems of moderate complexity and/or assists senior engineers to resolve more complex problems.
- Assists in the preparation of Terms of Reference documents, RFIs, REOIs, RFPs, RFQs, etc. for project scoping and procurement of technical services and equipment; evaluates bids, arranges for purchases and monitors outcome regarding same.
- Provides technical advice, review and expertise, and utilizes standard engineering principles and practices to assist in the operation, development and maintenance of the division’s programs, facilities and equipment.
- Ensures problem solving by use of a combination of standard procedures, modification of standard procedures or methods developed in previous assignments.
- Ensures that the project expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations.
- Experience recognizing, diagnosing, and investigating process problems and taking corrective measures to ensure effective and efficient operations and compliance with the applicable regulations.
- Strong analytical, communication and report-writing skills including ability to obtain information and prepare reports targeted at different audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships with all stakeholders, employees, client departments, outside agencies, and/or politicians and other levels of government.
- Possession of a valid Ontario “G” Class Driver’s License and the use of a personal vehicle for site visits.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in and operate as a fully accountable member of a multidisciplinary work team.
- Must be licensed as a Professional Engineer by Professional Engineers Ontario with experience in the principles and practices of one or more branches of chemical, civil, mechanical, environmental or electrical engineering.
- Experience in the field of wastewater treatment or comparable water industry experience as it pertains to the application of
- Engineering principles and practices related to the design, construction, operation and maintenance of treatment facilities.
Company: City of Toronto
Job Category: Cities And States
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A