Website City of Toronto
- Provides technical consultation and advice to staff of Toronto Water and other divisions in assessment and recommendation of multi-jurisdictional industrial and business technical solutions and professional services that meet client and business requirements in the context of corporate and divisional standards, policies and procedures for information and industrial technologies and architectures.
- Maintains knowledge of current and emerging data centre/server/network-related technologies, new technological advancements, and business innovation.
- Provides backup and disaster recovery services to meet business recovery requirements.
- Plans, executes, and/or participates in infrastructure-related technology projects. Coordinates technical project teams comprised of members from other Toronto Water sections/units and/or other divisions, and external service partners.
- Works closely with other Toronto Water units or workgroups to gather, analyze, and evaluate business requirements and constraints.
- Contributes to the creation and sustainment of technology frameworks (e.g. divisional/corporate architectures, cybersecurity, methodologies, tools, techniques, and standards).
- Develops, analyzes, and evaluate proposals and prepare reports and detailed project/implementation/operational plans.
- Analyzes future growth demand and provides recommendations to leads at both divisional and corporate level.
- Evaluates existing conditions to determine/identify technical requirements, evaluate alternatives, research, evaluate, design, architect, and/or acquire solutions. Prepares proposals, design documents, drawings, and risk assessment as required.
- Assists in the capacity planning process to ensure timely and cost-effective enhancement of infrastructure and technologies.
- Must be Certified in ITILv3 and demonstrate a good overall understanding of ITIL framework, concepts, and practices.
- Must be available for after-hours standby support work when scheduled.
- Possession of valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s License and access to a motor vehicle to travel within GTA for business purposes.
- Knowledge in Citrix environment assessments, health checks, installation, management, application testing, administration, and upgrades.
- Knowledge and expertise in Citrix MCS, StoreFront, Delivery Controller, Director, Studio, NetScaler, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Terminal Services, Microsoft Active Directory, Group Policy, Windows
- Server 2016/2019 Operating System, Windows 10 Operating System, VMware vSphere, DHCP/DNS, Dell Wyse Thin Clients..
Company: City of Toronto
Job Category: Cities And States
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A