Website City of Saskatoon
Under supervision of the Accounting Coordinator, this position processes accounting and payroll transactions. Duties will be performed with honesty and integrity, and in a manner that is helpful, respectful, and courteous.
- Reviews daily balancing and refund transactions.
- Processes and maintains data related to revenue and accounts payable accounts in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Produces related reports and reconciliations, including preparing monthly revenue reports and general ledger revenue transfers.
- Completes complex bank and general ledger reconciliations for various sites, including investigating and clearing outstanding and unusual items.
- Investigates enquiries from employees, management and external agencies, regarding revenue, payroll, and accounts payable.
- Makes adjustments resulting from union contracts.
- Conducts surprise cash counts at decentralized facilities according to established procedures.
- Produces related reports and reconciliations.
- Maintains, verifies, and reconciles employee sick and vacation accrual and usage, increments, overtime, car allowance, and seniority.
- Processes and reviews corrections and adjustments in the Department business systems.
- Processes and maintains payroll-related data in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge of business English.
- Grade 12 education.
- Knowledge of hourly and salaried payroll terminology and procedures.
- Ability to maintain moderately complex accounting records and prepare account reconciliations and reports.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures including methods of handling, receipting, and recording revenue, in particular from point-of-sale transactions.
- Five years’ related experience.
- Ability to make arithmetic calculations with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to develop and maintain Excel spreadsheets at an intermediate level of complexity.
- Ability to maintain sustained attention to detail and work within deadlines.
Company: City of Saskatoon
Job Category: Cities And States
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, CA
Application Deadline: N/A