Website City of Saskatoon
Under supervision of the Service Supervisor, this position drives a bus to transport passengers to local destinations in a safe, courteous manner and provides related information to the public in a polite and professional manner.
- Ensures passengers safety when boarding, riding and leaving buses.
- Reports all operational problems, such as delays and mechanical problems, according to established procedures.
- Operates a bus in a safe and courteous manner in accordance with Saskatoon Transit rules and regulations either along scheduled routes to local destinations or on chartered services or tours.
- Provides passengers with information about schedules, stops and presents the fare.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to deal courteously and tactfully with the public.
- Thorough knowledge of the geographic layout of the City of Saskatoon.
- Possession of a valid Class 2A Learners Licence.
Knowledge of, and empathy with, the transportation needs of persons with disabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, civic departments and outside agencies.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Three years’ experience in public transportation service delivery, including two years customer service experience.
- Physical ability to perform the assigned duties and work in all climates.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Grade 12 education.
Company: City of Saskatoon
Job Category: Cities And States
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, CA
Application Deadline: N/A