Website City of Saskatoon
Under the supervision of the Mechanical Shop Supervisor, this position maintains and repairs transit vehicles, facilities and shop and service equipment.
- Uses tools, shop equipment and materials safely,effectively and economically.
- Performs vehicle changeovers in accordance with established procedures.
- Reports observed defects and potential problem areas encountered while performing duties.
- Locates and diagnoses equipment defects;maintains and repairs transit vehicles and associated equipment, machinery and buildings in an effective, efficient manner.
- Performs required checks, routines and procedures to assure compliance with transit standards, applicable laws and safety regulations and government vehicle safety inspections.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Provides and participates in on-the-job training as required by maintenance staff to ensure that work is performed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Provides reports and other data as required to record properly the work performed and the condition of the vehicle or component.
- Makes minor repair and replacement decisions in accordance with transit preventive maintenance program.
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 5A Driver’s Licence (1A would be an asset).
- Physical ability to perform the assigned duties.
- Possession of own tools appropriate for the work.
- Ability to successfully pass a mechanical skills assessment.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Grade 12 education.
- Three (3) years’ journeyperson experience in heavy equipment maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to work courteously and effectively with Transit and other civic employees, the public and suppliers.
- Possession of a Saskatchewan Journeyperson Truck and Transport Mechanic or Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic Certificate.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Considerable knowledge of methods, procedures, equipment and materials used in transit vehicle repair and maintenance.
- Knowledge of air brakes, air control and air systems.
Company: City of Saskatoon
Job Category: Cities And States
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, CA
Application Deadline: N/A