Website City of Regina
Using a community development approach, this position is responsible for leading community engagement activities and providing consulting services to a variety of community-based organizations, stakeholders, and partners to identify needs and the appropriate responses.
- Facilitates the development and sustainability of community-based organizations to build capacity in the delivery of programs and services through organizational development, needs assessment, strategic planning, volunteer recruitment and development, and leadership training.
- Facilitates and negotiates the development of partnerships with community organizations in order to assist in the coordination of leisure programs, facilities and community services.
- Develops and facilitates public engagement and input processes to help guide the development and implementation of programs and services within the mandate of the department.
- Provides consultative services to community-based groups and internal partners pertaining to the identification of community and targeted population needs, and the planning and delivery of integrated community services to meet those needs.
- Performs related work as required.
- Assists in the development and management of capital and operating budgets as required.
- Selects, supervises, recruits, trains, schedules and evaluates performance of staff as required.
- Supports community-based organizations to develop plans to access funding and assists them to apply for City of Regina community investment programs, where appropriate.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures as required.
- Knowledge of, and demonstrated ability to apply project management principles and practices.
- Ability to communicate ideas and concepts effectively in oral and written form to a variety of audiences including formal public presentations, written reports, and the development and delivery of training and resource materials.
- Knowledge of participation processes, group facilitation, team building, and group dynamics.
- Ability to negotiate mutually beneficial agreements and to manage change through decision-making, problem solving, and consensus building.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and to work cooperatively with staff, peers, supervisors, volunteers, elected officials, and the public.
- Ability to research, analyze, and summarize reliable information and determine action required.
- Ability to use various computer software programs such as Word, Excel, asset management software and scheduling software.
- Knowledge of needs assessment and strategic planning principles and practices, with demonstrated ability to implement sound community development processes.
- Knowledge of and experience leading community engagement and consultation processes.
Company: City of Regina
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, CA
Application Deadline: N/A