Website City of Mississauga
Under the general direction of the Elected Official, the successful candidate will assume primary responsibility for supporting the Elected Official in the day to day management of general operations. The ideal candidate will be organized and enjoy dealing with constituents to investigate and resolve their concerns.
- Act as front line for media inquiries and prepares elected official for media follow-up.
- Maintain database and ensure constituents receive timely follow-up.
- Research draft items for newsletter and consults with Communications for editing support.
- Prepare and co-ordinate correspondence, speeches and presentation materials for the elected official.
- Undertake research and analysis with respect to policy matters and departmental initiatives.
- Maintain sound awareness of local and city-wide municipal matters, current, social and political issues, and other matters affecting the municipality, which affect the elected official and the constituents.
- Minimum Grade 12 education complemented by post-secondary education in a related discipline.
- Familiarity with Ward 9 is considered an asset.
- Good working knowledge of the municipal process/structure
- Special event organizational skills is considered an asset
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a senior administrative related position is required.
Company: City of Mississauga
Job Category : Cities And States
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Mississauga, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A