Website City Of Guelph
Cleaning work includes sweeping, vacuuming, washing floors, mirrors and windows, cleaning washrooms, work rooms, polishing, responding to emergency clean-ups and spills, garbage removal, stocking supplies etc.
- Report without delay any accidents, defects etc.
- Recognize potential accident causes and watch out for and eliminate them.
- Work with enthusiasm and professionalism as a member of the Museum team.
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and adhere to all City of Guelph and facility service standards and policies.
- Interacting with the public and staff for help and inquiries.
- Cleaning loose garbage outside, salting/sanding and snow shoveling.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a self-starter and work well in a multitasked environment
- Experience related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through the completion of a Grade 12 diploma and 3-6 months experience in a facility using cleaning equipment/cleaning products and performing basic building maintenance activities.
- Experience providing quality customer service
- Team player and able to work with and without direct supervision
- Ability to perform physical work including lifting, bending, pushing and pulling with moderate exertion
- Current or ability to obtain Emergency First Aid/CPR Certificate
- WHIMIS training and knowledge of the Ontario Health and Safety Act are required
Company: City Of Guelph
Job Category: Cities And States
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Waterloo, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A