Website City Of Guelph
Work as part of the corporate communications and community engagement team to provide fully integrated communications services and solutions to the corporation.
- Develop communications strategies to support City projects, programs and services as assigned.
- Develop effective content strategies that are driven by goals; audience; citizen experience; metrics; and with thought to paid, earned, shared and owned channels.
- Implement multi-faceted communications programs in support of organizational objectives.
- Make use of analytics to improve programs and campaigns.
- Take part in measuring and analyzing the effectiveness of communication strategies, report on results, and provide recommendations for improving future communications plans.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Support the corporate media relations program by fostering good relationships with media, and supporting and coaching City employees.
- Create and curate content, from ideation and development to editing and dissemination, to reach broad and segmented audiences.
- Assist in the creation and editing of written, video, and photo content.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and Word Press
- A passion for digital communication and proficiency with major social media platforms and social management tools.
- Ability to apply a digital lens to business challenges and opportunities.
- Professional membership and/or accreditation with CPRS and/or IABC is an asset.
- Considerable experience related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through the completion of a post-secondary degree, diploma, or post-degree certificate in Public Relations or Corporate Communications or a related discipline and work experience in the field of public relations. Candidates with equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent writing, editing, research and project management skills.
- Solid understanding of strategic public relations best practices with experience developing, implementing and evaluating comprehensive communications programs.
- Ability to work well under pressure, advance multiple projects simultaneously, and function effectively in a future-focused, fast-paced organization.
- Ability to exercise good judgement, make data-informed decisions, think critically, and act with a client- and citizen-first focus.
- Previous experience and/or knowledge of municipal government is an asset.
- A critical-thinking, creative professional who delivers innovative communications solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to establish and maintain co-operative relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, and representatives of external organizations.
- Proficiency with video and photo editing tools, digital media formats, and HTML.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Business and political acumen.
Company: City Of Guelph
Job Category: Cities And States
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Guelph, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A