Website City Of Guelph
Performs ice plant, aquatic center, building equipment and general facility repair duties to ensure high-caliber maintenance and operation of facilities.
- Assists in the preparation of statistical information of building use.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Access facility schedules through Perfect Mind software, and co-ordinate all equipment/set up/take down requirements.
- Performs non-complex repairs such as carpentry, painting, masonry and drywall.
- Troubleshoots and makes adjustments to mechanical, plumbing, electrical, refrigeration, roof systems and handling systems; assists in maintaining energy management systems.
- Reports and follows up on all building incidents as per established protocols.
- Assists in the coordination of building or system repairs/services with internal City departments, and external contractors and service companies.
- Maintain facility quality and ensures safety by adhering to predetermined building standard operating procedures.
- Ensures all log books (pool testing, snow removal, etc.) are updated regularly and accurately per corporate procedures, industry standards, and legislated requirements.
- Act as a resource person to customers and the facility teams and provides superior customer service.
- Communicates regularly with team members and user groups of facilities.
- Have or the ability to obtain the Certified Ice Technician (CIT) designation within 6 months of hire.
- Must be able to perform the physical demands of the job including lifting, kneeling and shovelling and be able to actively participate in daily activities, and in all types of weather conditions.
- Experience related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through the completion of a Grade 12 diploma and one year current experience in a recreation environment (e.g. arena and pool) operating an ice re-surfacer and performing building maintenance. Candidates with equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Ability to work co-operatively with other team members.
- Must possess a Class G license with a good driving record. Successful candidates will be required to provide a current driver’s abstract prior to their start date to confirm their license is held in good standing and that it has not been suspended or revoked under the Highway Traffic Act (HTA) or Criminal Code of Canada in the last 5 years. The City of Guelph will take into consideration the number of demerit points and/or nature of the infractions to determine if it meets our requirements.
- Must possess a Certified Pool Operator Certificate (CPO) or Certified Aquatic Technician designation. (CAT)
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to interact with internal and external contacts/customers on a daily basis.
- B Certification or completion of the Refrigerator Operator – RB1 exam and RB2 exam would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the Ontario Health and Safety Act.
- Must be a reliable self-starter, able to make decisions and function with minimum supervision.
- Must Posses a Basic Refrigeration Certificate or equivalent.
- Knowledge of mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, electrical, refrigeration, painting, roofing systems and handling systems, masonry and drywall.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid First Aid/CPR Certificate.
- Effective communication skills.
- A satisfactory Police Record Check including a Vulnerable Sector Check would be required at time of offer.
Company: City Of Guelph
Job Category: Cities And States
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Guelph, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A