Website City of Burnaby
The Facilitator provides information in the form of workshops, community events, outreach, public presentations, and meetings
- while liaising with a variety of community partners, as well as RCMP and City employees; drafts detailed crime prevention tips for distribution based on communication provided by the RCMP to support the Crime Reduction Strategy (CRS)
- Conducts security assessments of properties based on Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) principles and drafts detailed reports for review by a supervisor. Performs related work as required.
- To be successful in this role you will need considerable knowledge of the RCMP Crime Reduction Strategy as well as crime prevention programs in the city; the ability to conduct safety assessments, draft detailed reports on findings; establish and maintain effective working relationships with community partners, police members and the public; and have strong experience providing public presentations.
- The ideal candidate will have completed Grade 12, supplemented by post-secondary training in Criminology and in Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED), plus considerable related experience and knowledge in promoting community based programs, crime prevention initiatives, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Must have strong administrative, file management, and computer skills (i.e. MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint). A valid Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia is required and an Enhanced RCMP Security Clearance must be obtained and maintained.
Company: City of Burnaby
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A