Website City of Burnaby
This is technical work at the entry level in the provision of microcomputer user support services to the organization. An incumbent assists with the installation of software, hardware and network and other devices; may assist in the deployment of software applications and may perform clerical tasks related to departmental functions.
- Uses software tools to deploy desktop applications and patches and remotely configure end- user desktops.
- Keeps abreast of developments in microcomputer hardware and software and related matters.
- Assists in supporting the deployment of applications by conducting specified testing exercises.
- Performs related work as required.
- As directed, installs microcomputer network and communication hardware and software; sets up accounts, configures systems, and coordinates wiring for same; installs upgrades and replaces components as required.
- Ability to install microcomputer hardware and software and to assist in the deployment of software applications.
- Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia is required.
- Sound knowledge of information technology components such as hardware, software applications and patches, area networks, communications equipment, server and workstation operating systems. Some knowledge of the functions of departments served and their requirements as applied to the work performed.
- Qualifications include the completion of a one year certificate program in computer information systems, preferably some related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Company: City of Burnaby
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A