Website City of Burnaby
The IT Procurement & Asset Management Lead oversees daily and long-term strategic management and procurement of the City’s IT assets (software and technology hardware) and is the key IT resource responsible for collaborating with Purchasing for the selection, procurement and ongoing management and maintenance of IT contracts
- Develops and generates reports for software/maintenance agreements and to accurately track and analyze asset information, license allocation and renewals.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to ensure the organization remains compliant with vendors’ licensing agreements; develops appropriate processes and protocols and implements tools required to hold all IT and business stakeholders accountable for optimizing the cost, risk and benefit of technology assets. Works with City staff and vendors to document and agree on requirements and terms; analyzes and identifies savings opportunities for renewals, software licensing and maintenance agreements.
- Prepares and manages non-salary operating budgets; monitors expenditures; participates in the preparation of variance reports, accounts for discrepancies and takes remedial action, as required.
- Ensures IT contracts and vendors are appropriately and actively managed.
- The incumbent is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive asset management strategy, policies and procedures to ensure assets are maintained through their lifecycles, from acquisition to retirement; optimizing technology spend; and vendor management.
- The incumbent oversees clerical and technical staff and establishes and maintains effective relationships with a wide variety of internal and external contacts.
- The role requires considerable knowledge of IT Asset management principles and practices, procurement and inventory control systems, software licensing and hardware terminology. Qualifications include University degree at the Bachelor’s level in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline and 5 years of related experience in IT asset management or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Company: City of Burnaby
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A