Website City of Burnaby
The Information Technology department is seeking a Business Analyst to perform senior level analytical work to support the new Business Relationship Management function within IT. The Business Analyst 3 performs tasks related to identifying business requirements and designing, developing or configuring applications and deploying solutions, primarily in finance domain.
- The successful candidate may also provide guidance to junior staff involved and participate in strategic planning with client departments.
- Exercises considerable independent judgement and action in most aspects of the work, performs a number of activities supporting the identification of business requirements and the design of solutions; ensures hardware, software, network and data requirements are understood; reviews findings with technical staff; assists in documenting solutions and preparing alternatives.
- Engages with divisional leads to ensure they understand the objectives for joint strategic efforts.
- Maintains creativity and innovation by staying on top of industry and technological trends
- Communicates with the business to evaluate joint initiatives and proposals to see how they align with established roadmaps and business priorities.
- The desired candidate is a skilled facilitator of workshops, coordinates the documentation of current processes, low or high fidelity prototypes and the presentation regarding alternative solutions. Acts as a liaison between client departments, project teams and vendors, assesses and prepares business case for requirements; establishes and maintains effective working relationships.
- Qualifications includes completion of a University degree at the Bachelor’s level in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or a related discipline, and a CPA designation OR equivalent combination of training and experience.
- This role requires recent senior level business analysis experience with SAP, particularly SAP Financial systems, management- oriented dashboards & self-service analytics, and at least 5 years experience leading SaaS and COTS products implementing in a hybrid of business solutions.
- Prior experience with finance functions such as AP, AR, Budgeting, Forecasting, leading enterprise initiatives and building relationships with business units highly desired.
- Ability to utilize agile and scrum methodology, establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts, provide ongoing advice and assistance on matters related to the work and to communicate effectively orally and in writing and to present proposals in non-technical language.
- Professional Certifications such as Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP) or Certified Business Relationship Manager (CBRM) will be considerd an asset.
- Considerable knowledge of problem definition and analysis applicable to business processes and systems planning; of information technology components, process and developments; of IT and business strategic roadmaps; administrative principles and practices; of the functions of departments served and their requirements as applied to information technology.
Company: City of Burnaby
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A