Website City of Burnaby
This is public contact and moderately complex clerical work, involving organizing and monitoring the efficient operation of a high volume cash handling and customer service desk at Bonsor Recreation Complex.
- Performs other related work as required.
- Makes routine decisions, enforces rules and regulations regarding the proper use of facilities in the absence of more senior staff.
- Types from general instructions or prepares a variety of reports, correspondence, records, statistics and other materials; composes routine correspondence.
- Assigns, supervises, schedules, reviews and participates in the work of one or more subordinates engaged in clerical and cashiering tasks; and participates in their training and performance evaluations.
- Coordinates program registration process; oversees and participates in the processing of program registration and/or bookings using a computer terminal; completes and issues receipts.
- Organizes, monitors and participates in the clerical procedures including such areas as reception, registration, and answering phones.
- Receives, verifies and records cash receipts; prepares summary schedules and bank deposit slips; maintains inventory of supplies. Prepares, checks and maintains a variety of related office records, files, reports, and statistics.
- Provides information, assistance and direction to the public and user; handles enquiries and complaints; establishes and maintains effective working relationships with a wide variety of community groups, the public and internal contacts. Develops, revises, and upon approval, implements new work methods and procedures; attends departmental meetings to discuss work issues; ensures for the adherence to cash handling and related security procedures.
- Ability to organize and monitor office support services in a recreation facility; to assign, supervise, review, train and participate in the work of one or more subordinates; to deal effectively with the public, staff and officials in supplying information and assistance related to facility operations; to exercise initiative and make decisions in accordance with applicable rules, regulations and policies; to prepare and maintain a variety of records, files and reports related to the work including cash receipts and bank deposit slips; to operate common office equipment including a word processor, computer terminal, and related office application software; and to develop, revise and/or implement work methods and procedures as required.
- Considerable knowledge of related departmental policies, practices, rules, and regulations. Sound knowledge of computer terminal, cash register and cash handling procedures, principles, and practices; of business English, spelling, arithmetic and punctuation; and of the needs of various community groups and individuals as they relate to recreation facilities.
- Skill in typing rapidly and accurately, and in the operation of the related computer systems and equipment.
- Qualifications include completion of Grade 12 including or supplemented by commercial, and word processing courses; sound related office, cash handling and supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Company: City of Burnaby
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A