Website CIBC Bank
Provide administrative support to the Investment Counselor (IC) in managing their high value portfolios and maximizing their productivity. Prepare and distribute documentation and information to clients; maintain client database and ensure contacts are up to date; assist in preparing client presentations, proposals and other marketing materials; assist the assigned Investment Counselor in resolving client issues and inquiries; take initiative to resolve client issues providing exceptional customer service to high net worth clients; manage new business by ensuring correct and timely investment of assets; assist in following up on client referrals and contacts.
- Client Service – Follow up on client and Investment Counselor requests to ensure proper settlement and delivery. Investigate and resolve inquiries and complaints related to accounts and refer to the Investment Counselor where appropriate. Develop strong and effective working relationships with clients and third-parties, such as Accountants working with clients.
- Administrative Support – Request information and documentation from clients to open accounts. Review incoming mail and telephone calls.
- Plan and organize activities and required resources to ensure smooth running of office. Manage day-to-day activities of the Investment Counselor in a manner that maximizes availability and effectiveness.
- Prepare and distribute documentation and information to clients including marketing materials, servicing packages, and proposals. Keep appointment books/agendas for the IC. Order periodicals, journals and other literature for the Investment Counselor. Maintain client files in adherence with audit guidelines and processes.
- Operational Support – Support the Investment Counselor through the Investment Policy cycle from creation to trading implementation. Advise of client maturities.
- Help identify clients whose needs would be best met by a CIBC partner.
- Maintain and update client contact database.
- Prepare and complete account closures in a timely manner.
- Process transactions for clients include wire transactions, cheque deposits/issuances, cash transfers. Implement Investment Policy Statements as per instructions.
- Review client portfolios monthly to ensure records are in good order.
- You can demonstrate knowledge of daily market activities sufficient to provide/explain information to clients. You have a general knowledge of the financial industry.
- You put our clients first. You have well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skills and the ability to exercise good judgement independently. You provide a high level of customer service and ensure problem resolution and follow up as required.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
- You have a Degree in business or a related field. Completion of CSC is an asset.
- You understand that success is in the details. You have strong attention to detail and are able to process transactions accurately, while multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
Company: CIBC Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Victoria, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A