Website Canadian Food Inspection Agency
Provides laboratory support functions related to sample reception, sample and reagent preparation, reagents and other supplies inventories, decontamination, glassware and laboratory clean-up.
- Conducts diagnostic and/or method improvement analytical procedures on a wide range of samples using established procedures and methodologies.
- Maintains records of samples, observations, measurements, tests conducted and processes followed and participates in writing and editing standard operating procedures (SOPs) according to the quality assurance (QA) system of the laboratory.
- Reviews, compiles, interprets analytical data and test results based on set, recognized standards and reports results to Supervisor.
- Collects, distinguishes, prepares and stores media, field and/or laboratory samples and specimens for analytical activities, reference collections, field plots and/or proficiency panels.
- Experience in using spreadsheets and database computer software programs such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working in a biological science laboratory.
- Experience in operating and maintaining laboratory equipment.
Company: Canadian Food Inspection Agency
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A