Website Centennial College
- The Global Citizenship Education Program Specialist is responsible for the delivery of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) informed programming for students and employees across the College. Propelling the strategic impact of the work of the Indigenous Education, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion* (IEDI) portfolio, the Specialist relies upon evidence-based approaches and best curricular and pedagogical practices to expand understanding and awareness of the value of human rights, anti-oppression frameworks and equity in working and learning environments.
- Pursue ongoing professional development opportunities and follow developments in the literature through self-study to stay abreast of EDI best practices in equity and inclusion within the higher education sector and beyond.
- Facilitate discussions of programming goals, objectives, and measures with various stakeholders that work to eliminate systemic barriers as well as prevent, remedy and redress these inequities.
- Lead and integrate continuous program improvement practices based on client feedback. Follow through to provide stakeholders with resources for ongoing improvements.
- Deliver EDI- informed learning initiatives for employees and students by using appropriate tools that include face-to-face, online, and blended delivery methods related, but not limited to: sexual violence prevention, anti-racism, gender equity, 2SLGBTQQIA+ inclusion, accessibility, hate speech, etc.
- Support the maintenance of a digital infrastructure to track uptake and engagement of EDI programming/training for employees as well as the development and administration of new evaluation tools to measure program impact.
- Contribute to the design of e-learning opportunities for employees and students by working with subject matter experts to develop detailed learning objectives
- Demonstrated ability to engage internal and external stakeholders across all levels of organization
- Experience with the development and implementation of equity and inclusion education initiatives
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in facilitating, leading and developing equity learning initiatives
- Experience in using digital technology tools and videoconferencing to engage audiences, including students and employees, and develop learning resources
- Comprehensive understanding of Ontario Human Rights Code and its application within the context of programming, policy, practices and processes
- Four (4) year degree with a focus in Education, Social Science, Sociology, Political Science, Human Resources Management, Equity Studies, Public Administration; with a focus on issues related to equity, human rights, training and development or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
Company: Centennial College
Job Category: Education Jobs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Markham, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A