Website Centennial College
Security and Privacy are critical to both the reputation and financial viability of the College and have been identified as top priority items for IT. In the fast-moving world of higher education technology, it is imperative that institutions have well informed plans to ensure that all aspects of security and privacy are addressed. To achieve a secure and high functioning environment it is necessary to create a target design for technology which identifies potential areas of exposure and determines how these gaps can be reduced to appropriate and approved levels. Some potential gaps may be too costly to eliminate but can be controlled and monitored to bring risks to an acceptable level.
- Design and construct technology plans that will identify the key components to support the future business directions and will provide an efficient and maintainable set of technology resources.
- Provide leadership to the entire college in technology directions and policies related to IT security.
- Regularly review and update the reference architecture documents to ensure they are adjusted for changes to the operating environment and to take advantage of new technologies.
- Provide input to policies and procedures for security related standards and assist the Manager, Cybersecurity and Compliance in creating and maintaining the security framework.
- Understand the business’s economic and financial levers that are susceptible to digital transformation, to effectively support and guide technology investment decisions.
- Provide IT guidance with a framework to build and develop systems that meet future needs and take advantage of the latest technologies.
- Demonstrated experience in operations planning, applications design and planning. Business Intelligence experience is an asset.
- Minimum four (4) year Bachelor’s Degree (e.g. BSc) or Master’s Degree (asset) in Business, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Analysis or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Business, information, solution or technical architecture
- Minimum eight (8) or more years of experience in at least three of the following disciplines:
- Middleware, Information analysis, database management or operations in a multi-tier environment
- Demonstrated experience working on security controls projects implementation and skilled in project coordination.
- Any of the following certifications or equivalent: TOGAF/SABSA/CISSP/GSEC/GCIH/CCISO/CISM
Company: Centennial College
Job Category: Education Jobs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A