Website Canadian Red Cross
We are looking for a Manager – Indigenous Community Engagement, you will work with Senior Manager, Emergency Management Atlantic, the Manager of Indigenous Community Engagement is accountable and responsible for implementing the strategic plan on community engagement within Risk Reduction & Resilience services within Atlantic Canada. This includes integrating best practices and emerging opportunities to position the Canadian Red Cross as a credible partner; implementing Indigenous Creating Safe Environments methodology; creating, building, and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders; and ensuring geographic, program, financial, staff/volunteer, donor/customer and client/beneficiary perspectives are considered in planning, implementation and decision making.
- Maintains partnerships with various provincial and territorial, community, and stakeholder organizations.
- Applies the CRC’s Creating Safe Environments framework to the development and implementation of the Atlantic disaster risk reduction plan, specifically including corresponding processes and workflows.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders on the development of strategic direction for Indigenous Relations in Atlantic Canada.
- Acts as the liaison between internal stakeholders and Indigenous communities in Atlantic Canada including in the areas of Community
- Engagement and Risk Reduction & Resilience, to ensure a coordinated and responsive relationship with communities.
- Maintains strong working relationships with relevant Government stakeholders, national and regional Indigenous governing bodies, local or regional leadership, agencies & organizations.
- Holds internal relationships with Emergency Management, Health, Public Health, Systems, People Services, Specialized & Advisory Services (National DRR, IP, MHPSS, etc.), Philanthropy, Legal and Risk, Quality Assurance, Communications and other internal partners as it pertains to Indigenous Relations.
- In collaboration with the Atlantic Director of Government Relations and Provincial Directors:
- Indigenous cultural awareness and engagement experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong demonstrated ability to adapt to audience needs (employees, management, external partners and stakeholders and community, etc.).
- University degree in a related area of study. With 3 to 5 years of related experience in working on programs with Indigenous Peoples with specific focus on resilience building.
- Experience in working and representing the organization with government, non-government organizations, Indigenous communities and leadership, and the public.
- Strategic thinking skills to recognize how specific actions and messages will impact different stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead program initiatives in a complex matrix environment.
- Strong working knowledge with Indigenous issues, networks, and organizations.
- Strong program management skills.
- Experience in facilitating and/or developing and implementing community programs and strategies.
Company: Canadian Red Cross
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hamilton, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A