Website Canadian Red Cross
The Senior Advisor Readiness and Operational Planning is based in Ontario with a solid reporting line to the Emergency Management leadership.
- Consolidate an annual picture of risks (Emergency Forecasting) specific to Ontario (hazards, vulnerability and capacity).
- Participate in weekly scans to ensure emergent risks are reflected in readiness products for internal and external partners.
- Collect, collate and analyse forecast and hazard/risk information from a variety of external sources, including government partners, academia and the private sector where relevant.
- Produce province and territory specific quarterly, annual and strategic (3-5 year) dashboard of planning assumptions, translating hazards and risks into specific, measurable forecasting to help geographic and service line leadership anticipate change and promote participation in readiness planning.
- Proactively consider emergent issues, trends and opportunities across the provincial/territorial and Canadian spheres to identify future challenges and opportunities.
- Work in partnership with CRC relationship-holders to leverage existing and new relationships with the private, public and academic sectors, consolidating forecasting products (reports, publications, etc) and disseminating insights.
- Minimum 5 years of job-related work experience in emergency management, disaster risk reduction, emergency readiness planning, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in domestic emergency management including in response.
- Fluency in writing and speaking English is required with strong writing skills, able to write timely and concise reports. Knowledge of French and/or other languages is considered an asset.
- Strong leadership and managerial skills including in complex, high pressure environments, diplomat.
Company: Canadian Red Cross
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A