Website Canadian Red Cross
As a Lead- Response Operations Team, you will work with the Senior Manager – Response Operations or their designate, the Response Team Lead will oversee the team’s planning and organization, as well as the overall quality of services delivered within the scope of the assigned mandate. The Response Team Lead supervises and coordinates the work of the entire team, which may involve several services and will oversee and manage escalations and out of scope requests. During response operations, the Response Team Lead will plan, organize, and supervise the assigned virtual response team, and their services to support affected household and community responses.
- Supervises the daily operations of the responder team(s) to ensure responses are completed according to established protocols and to facilitate optimal functioning of the team and including the management of escalation and development of protocols.
- Provides direct supervision to the assigned response team members including hiring, scheduling, performance feedback, coaching and career development.
- Guide the development of local response processes and team expertise to ensure program adherence to National operational procedures, processes and accountability requirements.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement the delivery of Emergency Management (EM) services/initiatives within the areas.
- Build and support a volunteer structure for professional and timely delivery of local disaster response at PDA (Personal Disaster Assistance) and community levels in disaster preparedness and response (OVRT).
- Liaise with community agencies/organizations regarding Emergency Management related services/initiatives to foster mutual understanding, coordination, and partnership.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours may be required, including working weekends and evenings occasionally based on operational needs/response/Duty Officer rotation.
- University degree or community college diploma in one or more of the following disciplines: emergency management, project management, community development, volunteer management, planning and evaluation or a related field.
- Most of the work is performed in an environment which is mostly clean and comfortable. Mobile (remote, home or office) worker arrangements will consider the tools, resources and environment required to be effective and productive.
- Preference may be given to a candidate with a background in emergency management.
- Minimum three (3) years experience at a community-based program level, with demonstrated experience in relationship management and relationship development at community or municipal level. At least two (2) in a supervisory or team management structure.
Company: Canadian Red Cross
Vacancy Type: Temporary
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A