Website Canadian Armed Forces
Port Inspection Divers use compressed air breathing apparatus (CABA) to perform various underwater searches, surveys and inspections, primarily for the purpose of port security. Port security is one aspect of Maritime Coastal Operations conducted to ensure the maritime security of the nation. Port Inspection Divers often work in conjunction with naval port security teams to provide underwater skill sets in support of the sovereignty and safety of Canada’s numerous ports, harbours and waterways, and may also be deployed outside Canada for operations or exercises.
- Identification of surface and underwater explosive devices
- Providing assistance to civil authorities when required during domestic operations
- Inspections of jetties and ships’ hulls
- Participating in mine counter measure (MCM) operations
- Performing underwater photography
- Underwater searches and harbour/sea bottom surveys
- Recognizing diving or pressure-related illnesses
- Performing underwater search and recovery operations
- The minimum required education to apply for this position is the completion of the provincial requirements for Grade 10 or Secondary IV in Quebec including Grade 10 Applied Math and any one Physics, Biology or Chemistry course at Gr 10 level or equivalent. Foreign education may be accepted.
Company: Canadian Armed Forces
Job Category: Armed Forces
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A