Website Canadian Armed Forces
Weapons Engineering Technicians are responsible for the corrective and planned maintenance activities of the Weapons, Communications, Radar and Marine Navigation systems onboard a ship.
- Inspect, maintain, and install, electronic components
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of electronic equipment
- Repair faulty electronic equipment to restore system function
- Compile test logs, evaluation reports, equipment maintenance documentation and read and interpret electronic drawings
- Perform diagnostic analysis on components and systems to identify faults
- Operate electronic diagnosis systems, specialized tools and test equipment
- The minimum required education to apply for this position is the completion of the provincial requirements for Grade 10 or Secondary IV in Quebec, including minimum Grade 10 Applied Math (Math 426 in Quebec).
- It is an asset to have a Physics course at any level. Foreign education may be accepted.
- If you already have a college diploma or Red Seal for a related civilian occupation, the CAF will assess your training and experience and optimize your progression following basic training.
- Basic training and military occupation training is required before being assigned to your first operational employment.
Company: Canadian Armed Forces
Job Category: Armed Forces
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, CA
Application Deadline: N/A