Website Canadian Armed Forces
Operating Room Technicians are responsible for the provision of an aseptic environment enabling the safe performance of operative procedures in both static (at home) and operational (deployed) environments. They are an integral member of the surgical team, providing perioperative care, post-operative care, assisting the surgeons and anesthesiologists and performing orthopaedic casting procedures in support of surgery. OR Tech’s are also responsible for all Medical Device Reprocessing services, processing surgical materials and instruments.
- Operating and maintaining medical and life-support equipment
- Assisting in the recovery of patients from anesthesi
- Initiating, maintaining and distributing medical records, documents, reports and returns
- Decontamination, cleansing, maintenance and procurement of materials and instruments and for the packaging and sterilization of supplies
- Maintaining, replenishing and accounting for general and medical supplies.
- Operationally maintaining all field or equipment and for providing onsite training for or field operations as well as overseeing the setup of a field
- Providing a clean and safe environment for patient treatment and for assisting surgeons and anesthesiologists in all facets of the operative procedure
Company: Canadian Armed Forces
Job Category: Armed Forces
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Gatineau, Quebec, CA
Application Deadline: N/A