Website Canadas Wonderland
As the central communication, you will play a vital role in assisting and maintaining operations for the entire property. This role will consist of prioritizing communication and allocating resources appropriately. If you enjoy a fast-paced and exciting work environment this is the opportunity for you!
- Receives and dispatches all routine and emergency traffic by telephone and radio in an efficient and professional manner; dispatches all police/security calls as well as fire and first aid; maintains thorough documentation of multi-dispatch calls.
- Contacts appropriate outside agencies in cases of emergencies or under the direction of management; maintains log, daily base radio traffic and lost children descriptions.
- Monitors and dispatches alarms received in the communications center; monitors weather radar and lightning detector; advises appropriate units of weather conditions as directed by management.
- Adheres to Cedar Fair’s Rules of Conduct including specific costuming and grooming standards as outlined in Employee Guidelines and other park/division specific policies and procedures.
- Provides guest service according to Cedar Fair standards when serving the guest or working with subordinates, including initiating guest interactions, answering questions and giving directions.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety in assigned work area and performs all duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements and reports all unsafe or unusual conditions to supervision.
- Meets scheduling availability requirements, including nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Meets Cedar Fair’s attendance requirements as outlined in Cedar Fair’s attendance policies.
- Exemplify Cedar Fair Cornerstones of Safety, Courtesy, Service, Cleanliness and Integrity
- Process and complete departmental paperwork and maintain high degree of confidentiality
- Give verbal directions and assist guests and associates; including lost and/or separated guests
- Communicate using a two way radio and telephone
- Clean and maintain all supplies, materials, and building.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Assist with the cleanliness and upkeep of work areas
- Access, resolve and contain situations and take appropriate action steps based upon policies and training
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Write legible, timely concise and accurate statements or reports for incidents and investigations
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Perform all job duties in compliance with Cedar Fair Safety guidelines and requirements
Company: Canadas Wonderland
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hamilton, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A