Website Canada Post
The Operations Shift Expeditor is responsible for the monitoring of the compliance to the 24 hour plant processing strategy and to standard operating procedures. It includes compliance to mail make up specifications, critical window processing (cut off), sortation grids, pulls & dispatches times, mail sort quality, SIS & National Routing Card System tagging and work center set up.
- Provides support to Shift Manager/Superintendent/Supervisors during the hand off and planning meetings to identify and explains gaps to 24 hour strategy, standard operating procedures and key operational metrics.
- Provides direction to Shift Managers/Superintendents/Supervisors on details of production plans, and enforces their execution. Advises
- Superintendent/Supervisors when an activity on the floor is inconsistent with the production plan so that they can take appropriate action.
- Controls all aspects of the production plan during shift to ensure compliance and appropriateness of plan. Controls output of mail processing areas to ensure service and quality standards are met. Controls and enforces regular quality control inspections (mail sortations, mail dispatch, cut off, SIS tagging, NRCS tagging, Routing signage…).
- Performs regular quality control inspections on the plant floor to monitor output of mechanized mail processing areas to ensure compliance to service standards, with mail being streamed in the correct priority. Ensures the mail volumes awaiting handling are stored safely and available to meet the production plan. It includes compliance to pull times and dispatches to downstream offices.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of Mail Processing and Network Operations and a fundamental understanding of Maintenance activities as well as current knowledge of Collection and Delivery and on Mail Service performance.
- Monitors mail arrival pattern and alert Shift Manager/Superintendent/Supervisors on variations such as delays, volumes or mail make up issues. Supports Operations leaders in adjusting processing adequately.
- Conducts regular inspections of signage, mail sortation cases cuts, schematics around the plant and follow up with Sort Plan Management group to close gaps
- Develops and enforces key check lists to prevent mail processing delays including critical pull times, dispatches times, flushback flows, tied out times… Assists Superintendents and Supervisors in understanding those check lists by linking them to overall 24 hour strategy.
- Collaborates with Process Engineering, Service & Quality, Production Control & Reporting and Transportation to develop and review Service &
- Cost improvement plans as well as major changes (staffing changes, new process…). Participates to the impact assessment and occasionally to the change management and implementation plans.
- Resolves production plan problems on shift and ensures details of deviation from anticipated input or planned output are communicated to the planning section to enable production plans to be redone.
- Ensures completion of shift production reports including variance analysis, SIS and production problems. Prepares comprehensive performance summaries including incidents on shift for review by Plant Senior Management including PC&R Manager. Ensures that the information is accurate, complete, timely, and accompanied by proper analysis by using plant resources and/or APC resources as required.
- A minimum of 2 years working experience in mail processing and/or transportation at Canada Post
- High School diploma or provincial equivalent (GED)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Developing, implementing and communicating standard operating procedures. (Experience can be demonstrated by possession of a Green Belt, participation in improvement initiatives such as 5S and Kaizen event)
- Other Candidate Requirements
Company: Canada Post
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A