Website Camosun College
The Dean is the senior academic leader and manager for a School of Camosun College. Each of the schools in Camosun College is headed by a Dean who has overall responsibility for leading, inspiring, guiding and managing the development and operation of a school consistent with the College’s Strategic and Education Plans. The Dean is passionately committed to the provision of quality educational programs and student success and support.
- In collaboration with the Chairs participates in the development of college policy and process related to student development and success;
- Ensures the development and implementation of policy and process which are consistent with college policy and process and the expectations of government
- Participates in the negotiating of collective agreements as appropriate represents the school in the grievance process is the final authority within the school for faculty and staff complaints.
- Leads overall budget planning and development for the school; represents the school in college budget development;
- In collaboration with the Chairs evaluates and then approves learning and scheduled development plans for school personnel
- Represents the school in the development of college financial and administrative policy and process; leads the development and Implementation of management systems & controls;
- Ensures the evaluation of current programs for quality, currency, relevance and effectiveness; represents the school on the Program Advisory
- Committees in collaboration with the Chairs
- Leads the development of school strategic, operational and resource planning; participates in college strategic and operational planning;
- Is the final authority for informal student appeals within the school.
- Ensures the implementation of policy and process related to curriculum development
- Ensures the implementation of college human resource policy, process and practices; approves new hiring and regularization;
- Ensures effective administration of the school.
- Provides leadership in recruitment, selection, orientation, coaching and mentoring, supervision and succession planning of school personnel; ensures appropriate performance management and review processes are in place and utilized; encourages and supports development opportunities for faculty and staff;
- In collaboration with the Vice President’s Office ensures that the school is consistently in the pursuit and development of new program ventures;
- Inspires a vision and facilitates the setting of goals for the school; encourages organizational growth and leads change;
- Leads, inspires, influences and develops a culture of trust, respect, empowerment, creativity, innovation, imagination and intelligent risk taking for faculty, staff and students.
- In collaboration with the Chairs & Vice President’s Office initiates, pursues links, partnerships and revenue generating opportunities within the school and College, and with other domestic and international institutions or organizations.
- Demonstrated expertise in budget development and operational management
- Demonstrated expertise in human resource management
- Demonstrated skills in senior leadership and team-building to a diverse faculty and administrative group within a multi-union environment
- Demonstrated commitment to serving students with diverse backgrounds, interest, goals and abilities
- Demonstrated competence in program and schedule planning and evaluation.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change and organizational development projects;
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Five years exemplary post-secondary teaching or educational development experience.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain a positive, student-centered working environment that supports learning for students, faculty, and staff
- Knowledge of program design, development, delivery and evaluation within an academic environment
- Five years administrative and leadership experience at the post-secondary education level
Company: Camosun College
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kelowna, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A