The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) is Canada’s largest mental health and addiction teaching hospital, as well as one of the world’s leading research centres in the area of addiction and mental health. CAMH combines clinical care, research, education, policy development and health promotion to transform the lives of people affected by mental illness and addictions. As Canada’s leading mental illness research facility, CAMH’s Campbell Family Mental Health Research Institute (CFMHRI) is home to scientists, staff and research trainees conducting leading research to improve the understanding of the brain and the causes, the biomarkers and cures for mental illness as well as research to advance the prevention and treatment for mental illness and addictions across the lifespan. With a collaborative inter-disciplinary environment that spans clinical, biological, social and epidemiological research, CAMH supports a workplace that embraces diversity, encourages teamwork and complies with all applicable regulatory and legislative requirements.
- The candidate will support and contribute to a healthy workplace that embraces diversity, encourages teamwork, and complies with all applicable regulatory and legislative requirements.
- The successful candidate will contribute to the development of a highly innovative research program with a focus on psychosocial interventions for youth with bipolar disorder and their families (primarily dialectical behavior therapy), with an emphasis on clinical trials.
- They will also disseminate research results through presentations at academic meetings and conferences and communicate ideas to key decision makers.
- The successful candidate will be required to establish local, national, and international collaborations, and provide practical training, supervision, and consultation of undergraduate, graduate, post-doctoral trainees, and research staff. As an Independent Scientist, the successful candidate will be expected to lead research activities, maintain an active publication record, and secure extramural funding for those activities.
- This position is located at 80 Workman Way, Toronto, Ontario.
- CAMH is fully affiliated with the University of Toronto and the successful applicant will need to obtain academic affiliation with a university department at the Assistant Professor level or above.
- The candidate should have a proven track record of collaborations with clinical researchers.
- The successful candidate will also have at least 4 years of relevant post-doctoral experience.
- Prior training and experience delivering dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) is required.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of a Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology (or equivalent), and will have current registration in good standing with the College of Psychologists of
- Ontario to practice Clinical Psychology.
- Training and experience in crisis intervention is required.
- The successful candidate will have extensive experience with empirically supported psychosocial interventions for youth.
- The ideal candidate should have an excellent record of scientific accomplishments, as demonstrated by the publication record and ability to obtain funding from various funding agencies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A