The Forensic Assessment and Treatment Unit (FATU) within the Complex Care and Recovery Program is currently seeking a full-time, permanent Program Assistant. As a member of the inter-professional team, the Program Assistant is responsible for working with clients from diverse backgrounds.
- Reporting to the Manager, the successful candidate will contribute to the organization and optimal function of the Service under the direction of the clinical staff and promote maintenance of the therapeutic milieu.
- The Program Assistant will contribute to and participate in the assessment of designated clients and will provide direct patient care, particularly through ensuring a safe environment.
- This role involves incorporating principles of least restraint and spending time on the unit with clients to help minimize agitation. As part of this role you will accompany clients on and off site for transfers, appointments and programming, as deemed necessary.
- In addition, you will be responsible for collecting data, and communicating both verbally and in writing behavioral observations, interactions and client’s responses to care interventions. In this role, you will assume an active part in maintaining security of the program and service through your relationships with clients, as well as maintaining security through regulation of the physical environment.
- You will support a workplace that embraces diversity, encourages teamwork and complies with all applicable and regulatory requirements. This position is currently located at 1001 Queen Street West.
- The successful candidate will have a Grade 12 education or equivalent and will possess CPR Certification and a Personal Care Worker Certificate, or possess or be in the process of pursuing a certificate/diploma/degree in a health related field. First Aid training and computer skills are assets.
- Preference will be given to candidates that have 1 year of experience in a health related field.
- Ability to work with diverse clients and staff is required.
- The successful applicant will possess effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively in an inter-professional team environment.
- Besides being reliable, co-operative and client-focused you will be a motivated team player who shows initiative. In addition, you will possess effective organizational, problem-solving and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Familiarity with clinical care and issues specific to mental health and/or addiction settings is preferred. Bilingualism (French/English) and/or proficiency in a second language would be an asset.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A