Website Canadian Accredited Independent Schools - CAIS
HTS has an exciting opportunity in our Student Success Department as a Grade 11 and 12 Student Success Counsellor and Post-Secondary Advisor. The candidate will function as a post secondary counsellor with students and families and as an integral member of the HTS counselling team.
- The successful candidate will bring an innovative and personalized approach to our counselling program, activities, resources while also bringing a fresh perspective to our existing program and practices.
- The successful candidate will assist students in the areas of personal/social growth, educational planning and career development.
- This role specializes in mentoring and guiding students through the post secondary decision making process, from research through to the application process for the world’s leading post-secondary institutions.
- All Counsellors provide individual and group counseling services and consult with students, parents, teachers and other school and community personnel to assist in meeting the needs of students.
- Additionally, Counsellors play a key role in connecting students and families with community support, and building partnerships with post-secondary institutions
- Knowledge of the post secondary application process within Canada
- Knowledge of OUAC/UCAS and Common Application processes working alongside students and parents
- Specific knowledge, understanding and demonstrated effectiveness in supporting students applying to US post secondary institutions
- Demonstrated ability in developing program
Company: Canadian Accredited Independent Schools – CAIS
Job Catego0ry: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Richmond, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A