Website Canadian Accredited Independent Schools - CAIS
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, you’ll provide first line technical support to staff, faculty and students experiencing difficulties with computer hardware, computer applications and communications software
- Installing and configuring network connectivity, devices, hardware, and software applications.
- Researching problems and potential solutions and recommending changes/upgrades.
- Prioritizing, documenting, and resolving end user technology requests in a timely manner.
- Assisting with special event requests requiring technology support (e.g., audio and video equipment for meetings, presentations, school events, etc.).
- Assisting in the maintenance/upgrade of the School’s information systems.
- Conducting regular audits of computing devices and maintaining inventory database.
- Tracking, logging and reviewing problems and issues to identify trends and broader technical problems and recommending possible solutions.
- Identifying and escalating situations requiring urgent attention.
- Responding to requests for technical assistance regarding hardware, software, and applications in person, via telephone/email and/or remotely.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent.
- A minimum of one-year related work experience and training in a Technical Support environment, including software installation and troubleshooting.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills to communicate trends and recommend potential solutions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of audio-visual components, wired and wireless networking technologies, software installation, integration and troubleshooting methodologies and best practices.
- Ability to respond effectively to a variety of user issues and develop and provide training and support to users, when necessary.
- Ability to work outside of regular school hours, on occasion, to provide technology support for school functions and meetings.
- Knowledge of current computing platforms, server technologies and applications (OneNote).
Company: Canadian Accredited Independent Schools – CAIS
Job Catego0ry: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A