Website Bow Valley College
Bow Valley College open doors and open minds by creating opportunities for learners, employees, employers, and communities, and by shaping the future of college education. Our mission is to include all learners, challenge our thinking, remove barriers, provide opportunity, and make all learning count.
- Based on operational needs of the team, the department and the College, has overall authority to assign/reassign work of employees.
- Exercises overall managerial discretion, balancing the needs of learners, with available resources within the assigned area.
- Establishes key objectives for staff – ensuring these objectives are achieved as outlined to a high quality standard and are in compliance with college/program policy and procedure. Responsible for overall supervision, evaluation, scheduling, disciplining, performance management and motivation of staff to ensure optimal service is maintained.
- Develops, gains approval for, recruits and hires staff to meet the changing needs of the assigned programs/courses.
- Reviews and ensures compliance with the professional, ethical, legal and legislative requirements of the various functions and staff within the team.
- An equivalent combination of directly related education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum of master’s degree in related field.
- Police Information Check.
- Five years experience in a post-secondary environment, preferably with experience both in teaching and academic leadership; experience in the area of applied research would be considered an asset.
- Possesses superior leadership, people management and coaching/mentoring skills.
- Proven ability to supervise and provide leadership to faculty and staff within a post-secondary environment.
- Strong organizational skills and a high degree of self-motivation.
Company: Bow Valley College
Job Category: Education Jobs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Grande Prairie, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A