The Area Cleaning Supervisor is responsible for the effective operations of the cleaning service through planning, quality control and management of site supervisors. Reporting to the Janitorial Regional Operations Manager, the Area Supervisor is to set high standards for cleaning and to ensure those standards are met. They are to maintain and achieve our customer standard by the most economical use of materials, equipment and manpower.
- Consult with Regional Operations Manager for specific projects and work orders and follow up on special project work.
- Manage and oversee Site Supervisors providing direction and support to ensure that Site Supervisors are delivering cleaning services to the facilities per the client’s MSA SOW and BGIS processes and procedures.
- Travel to various sites throughout their assigned portfolio of facilities to inspect work and meet with site supervisor and team.
- Area Cleaning Supervisor will ensure that the Site Supervisor and team have the resources required to deliver the contract level of janitorial services.
- Conduct evaluation interviews for cleaning personnel
- Coordinate with Site Supervisors special project tasks, work orders and the effectiveness of Housekeeping to maintain and provide with quality services.
- Manages all aspects of performance.
- Consult with BGIS Operations Manager and Facility Manager Administration on a regular basis, regarding the condition of the building.
- Provides mentoring, coaching and guidance to all team members.
- Other duties as required.
- Maintain effective communications with the Regional Operations Manager and site Facility Manager.
- Liaise on a regular basis (weekly minimum) with BGIS site Facility Manger.
- Make decisions in matters of employment, training, discipline, termination of staff under their jurisdiction.
- Become fully familiar with the janitorial SOW as stated in the client’s MSA.
- Manage and maintain inventory of operating equipment, cleaning supplies and consumables.
- Control activities of all cleaners by selecting, supervising, training, directing and developing personnel to achieve competence within the cleaning responsibilities.
- Provide a clean, safe and pleasant environment.
- Inform Regional Operations Manager or designate in the event of your absence.
- Analyze innovative trends in the Cleaning Industry with respect to equipment, materials and methods and recommend changes to the Regional Operations Manager.
- Complete payroll forms, TCP reports, variance records, cost control reports and supplies cost reports.
- Carry out quality assurance inspections.
- Set priorities in scheduling of project duties for Cleaning Staff.
- Make independent decisions and consult with Regional Operations Manager, as necessary, in the day-to-day operations of the BGIS Cleaning Service Department and keep documentations as required by client MSA and BGIS.
- Full involvement with recruiting talent.
- Objectively recommends compensation adjustments.
- Conduct Monthly staff and training meetings.
- Good communication skills.
- High school diploma.
- Problem solving through applying established procedures.
- 1-3 years or more of cleaning supervisory experience.
- Willingness to learn and acquire new skills.
- Flexible and willing attitude to working hours as overtime, nights and weekend on a rotation basis.
- Ability to organize and manage work programs.
- Experience of managing, communicating and motivating workforce teams.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lethbridge, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A