Website Best Buy
The Senior Accountant for our Leasing & Real Estate pillar provides the business with accurate, adequately supported financial information in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Perform balance sheet and income statement variance analyses for real estate accounts
- Review real estate agreements, property agreements, and leasing of equipment to determine their accounting impact.
- Conduct accounting research where you will reference guidelines (ASC 842) and report on new standards in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Prepare and maintain journal entries and schedules relating to straight-line rent, lease payments, tenant allowances, impairment, and vacant space reserves.
- Calculate and prepare related journal entries regarding ad-hoc leasing issues, such as buyouts and early termination of contracts.
- Address internal and external audit queries and ensure that monthly reconciliations are accurate and up to date.
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement on current processes and help implement recommendations.
- 2+ years of accounting experience at senior level
- An accounting designation (e.g. CPA, CA)
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel
- Proven experience working closely with multiple business units in a medium to large organization
- Public accounting experience preferred
Company: Best Buy
Job Category: Retail
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Regina, SK, CA
Application Deadline: N/A