Website British Columbia Institute of Technology - BCIT
BCIT’s School of Construction and the Environment is seeking a temporary, full-time (1.0 FTE) Toolroom Attendant. This role performs duties related to Toolroom operations including, purchasing, issuing, receiving and repairing of tools and equipment and inventory control in welding, steel trades, and electrical trades. Maintains a clean and safe work area and secures Toolroom, shop and yard at the end of the duty hours.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and consumables to meet department needs. Maintains and issue student lockers as outlined in the training plan of the department.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area and secures tool room, shop and yard at the end of the duty hours.
- Ensures adequate usage of BCIT purchase cards in compliance with BCIT policy and procedures.
- Tracks and expedites orders in coordination with the purchasing department. Performs inventory receiving duties including reviewing and validating incoming equipment prior to data entering into the inventory system; notifies the receiving department of any discrepancies in the order and maintains and files related documents.
- Participates in Records Custodian training and remains current with record keeping practices, policies and procedures (both BCIT and FOIPOP).
- Undertakes related duties as assigned, consistent with the job grade of this position.
- Directs enquiries from students, instructors or other departments to the appropriate department within the school.
- Maintains inventory of tools and equipment, perform repairs of equipment as required and report any damage or loss to Chief Instructor.
- Performs purchasing duties including contacting suppliers for pricing, preparing and processing orders and utilizing purchase and web requisitions towards data entering purchase orders.
- Issues tools from the Toolroom to students and instructors and ensures their safe and timely return. Assists students in identifying and choosing adequate tools as required.
- Two years experience in a similar environment, plus six months in a position of similar nature.
- Grade 12 plus six months’ general business certificate program or equivalent training.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills. Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Shift work required.
- Ability to lift material or tools up to 50 LB on a regular basis is required.
- WHIMIS training.
- Basic computer skills in MS Word, Excel, e-mail and internet in addition to good keyboard skills.
- Mechanical aptitude as well as a broad knowledge of tools and equipment used in the construction trades.
Company: British Columbia Institute of Technology – BCIT
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Abbotsford, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A