Website British Columbia Institute of Technology - BCIT
The Specialist’s deliverables tie to strategic and project objectives, operating solo in an in-the-moment, self-directed manner. The Specialist is responsible for the pre-production, shooting, and post-production on a variety of multimedia products, including external-facing marketing and student recruitment videos, virtual tours, social media content, audio, photos, and internal communications video spanning profiles and community updates.
- Coordinates the design, format, packaging and delivery of the production.
- Contributes to the creative process which involves creative briefings, pre-production meetings, and peer reviews.
- Operates camera, sets up lighting and audio gear, and directs onscreen talent in-studio or on-location.
- Coordinates staff, equipment, budget and schedule required to complete cost-effective productions.
- Creates digital files of video, photographs, audio, and graphics to a professional standard for delivery in video, audio, social channel, multimedia and web formats.
- Ensures production equipment is serviced and maintained in good working order.
- Undertakes related duties as assigned, consistent with the job grade for this position.
- Ensures compliance of safety protocols, including but not limited to crew and photography subject safety, as well as demonstrating correct personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety protocols within the imagery.
- Establishes, coordinates, and manages project timelines, equipment requirements and bookings, model requirements and releases, and locations.
- Hires, coordinates and supervises external services such as actors, writers, production crew as required. Coordinates model consent forms, and maintains privacy of personal information.
- Participates in Records Custodian training and remains current with record keeping practices, policies and procedures (both BCIT and FOIPOP).
Performs the following duties from time to time, as required: travel to other British Columbia locations, work overtime, load and transport of production equipment
- Meets with clients to determine project scope, content, objectives, target audience, creative approach, story, tone, and delivery mode. Advises clients on appropriate media, costs, timelines and production process.
- Brings BCIT brand to life using the storytelling medium of video and audio – responsible for complete video concepting, shooting, editing, and packaging for client use.
- Collaborates with the Creative Manager and Creative Studio to grow the BCIT brand.
- Maintains close relationship with clients, sponsors and project team throughout the production process.
- Researches location requirements, aids in sourcing and coordinating subject(s).
- Orders and maintains a comprehensive equipment inventory and stock library of images.
- Delivers project on budget and within the timeframe while meeting client’s objectives and expectations. Evaluates project effectiveness with clients.
- Keeps informed about trends in media production through ongoing professional development.
- Selects and performs editing and mixing requirements to create final production, develops motion graphics and transitions.
- Investigates new media production hardware/software to determine availability, performance and compatibility with existing equipment for instructional, informational or marketing purposes.
- Researches and writes treatment and script, in consultation with project sponsor, content expert and project team. Develops storyboards. Obtains consensus approvals as appropriate.
- Directs, motivates, and engages with tact and diplomacy to ensure subjects’ confidence.
- Demonstrated ability in Windows and MacIntosh computer applications used in media production, digital editing and post-production.
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to articulate vision of productions to subject and client.
- Ability to multitask and manage a variety of simultaneous projects and deadlines.
- Completion of Grade 12, plus completion of a two-year diploma program in non-print media production, including digital video and multimedia production.
- Two years of experience in directing media productions; portfolio required.
- Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and ability to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Two years of general experience, plus five years of professional experience in digital media production, including script-writing, photography, audio, professional video camera work and non-linear editing systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Effective organization and time management skills.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Keeps calm under pressure and takes a solution-oriented approach, providing stellar customer service.
- Experience with online Digital Asset Management software and understanding of clean, organized and keyworded archives.
Company: British Columbia Institute of Technology – BCIT
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Surrey, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A