Website British Columbia Institute of Technology - BCIT
BCIT’s School of Health Sciences Medical Laboratory Science Program requires a temporary, full-time (1.0 FTE) Instructor to deliver the Clinical Chemistry curriculum.
- Research and procure educational teaching technology or equipment to support learning outcomes.
- Provide ongoing support, guidance and advice to learners.
- Deliver the course material to learners within BCIT’s quality assurance framework.
- Plan and coordinate classroom activities and assessments with faculty colleagues.
- Perform other administrative duties as required, including student selection, program planning and committee work.
- Evaluate student progress and facilitate student achievement.
- Prepare supplementary course materials, including course outlines, schedules, and learning guides
- Work in partnership with industry to identify best practices that inform the development of new learning outcomes for the Clinical Chemistry curriculum.
- Design and develop curriculum and instructional media in accordance with the Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) competency profile for Medical Laboratory Technologist.
- Experience in developing and implementing educational tools, standards, or practices
- Hold yourself and the MLS program and profession to the highest ethical and professional standards
- Commitment to lifelong learning made possible through professional development opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized post-secondary institute preferred OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Possess advanced Clinical Chemistry theoretical concepts and technical skills
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Laboratory Science program
- Demonstrable teaching, training, or mentoring skills for students, colleagues, or other clients
- Work independently and reliably with limited supervision
- A minimum of 5 years of recent, full-time, or equivalent experience in Clinical Chemistry
- Lead, inspire, and shape students’ behaviours and actions through a commitment of excellence, passion and enthusiasm for the work
- Current registration with CSMLS
- Knowledge and experience with all MS Office Productivity Tools and various meeting platforms
- Effective English language oral and written communication
- Identify opportunities and barriers related to course/program innovation and approach challenges through a solution-focused perspective
- Build and maintain effective and collaborative networks and relationships with students, colleagues and partners
Company: British Columbia Institute of Technology – BCIT
Job Category: Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A