Website BC Housing
Reporting to the Director, Corporate Planning & Enterprise Risk Management, the Risk Management and Business Planning Analyst is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of business models, systems, tools and risk management processes to support BC Housing. He/she/they participates in aspects of the strategic business practices and improvement projects, recommends improvements to service delivery and operational effectiveness, generates reports, identifies training needs and delivers training sessions and provides user support to staff across BC Housing. The position also performs quality control evaluations, data integrity/audit compliance reviews and implements plans for process improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, finance, business or related field.
- Working towards completion of a certificate in Canadian Risk Management (CRM) designation and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) designation.
- Sound experience in the areas of risk management, enterprise risk management, project management and/or business analytics.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of the philosophies, principles and practices of business processes and analytics, risk management methodologies, corporate governance, research, qualitative and quantitative data analysis and project/program management
- Ability to learn and understand the legislation, organization, strategic direction, and programs of BC Housing
- Ability to use sound judgement in analysing problems and identifying weaknesses and conflicts in policies and procedures
- Ability to apply an intersectional approach to work analyses using a Gender-Based Analysis Plus (GBA+) tool and applying the principles of equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging
- Ability to provide leadership and advice, exercise sound judgment, and demonstrate tact and diplomacy in dealing with high profile, sensitive and urgent matters
- Ability to utilize judgment in presenting issues, and provide leadership, direction, and influence in facilitating appropriate courses of action
- Ability to proactively identify issues, prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects within a changing environment
- Ability to understand and apply new concepts and adapt
- Effective consultative, facilitation, consensus building and conflict resolution skills
- Strategic and analytical thinking, problem solving abilities, and organizational and time management skills
- Effective leadership, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Professional and interpersonal communication skills across a range of channels (written, oral, presentation) and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional groups to achieve common goals.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and information graphics, dashboard and collaborative software, including Excel and PowerPoint, Tableau, InDesign, Power BI, Mural etc.
Company: BC Housing
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Victoria, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A