Website BC Housing
Reporting to the Supervisor, Payroll Administration, the Payroll Administrator is responsible for processing the payroll, benefits and leave for Commission employees in accordance with two collective agreements and Terms and Conditions for Management and Excluded Support Employees
- He/She/They conducts reconciliations, prepares reports, assists with year-end payroll and leave processes, and explains payroll and leave provisions and regulations to Commission staff.
- The position makes decisions regarding the appropriate application of collective agreement provisions for pay purposes, produces reports for what-if scenarios in preparation for collective bargaining and has access to confidential employee files through the HR/Payroll system.
- Strong computer and data entry skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of Commission policies, practices and procedures pertaining to the administration of payroll
- Ability to understand and interpret collective agreements and Terms and Conditions of Employment respecting pay and leave
- Good knowledge and understanding of the policies, practices, procedures and government regulations pertaining to payroll administration
- Experience in a computerized and unionized environment an asset
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the Employer.
- Diploma in business administration or other relevant field.
- Good accounting knowledge and ability to reconcile accounts
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP Designation) from the National Payroll Institute preferred.
- Completion of courses in payroll administration preferred.
- Good interpersonal, communication, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well as a member of a team
- Sound experience in payroll administration.
- Some experience in HR administration and accounting preferred.
- Ability to exercise attention to detail
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in dealing with matters of a confidential nature
- Ability to process additions, deductions and adjustments to the payroll system within established time frames, work well under time pressure and with limited supervision.
- Good knowledge and understanding of human resource information systems, word processing and spreadsheet software
Company: BC Housing
Job Category: Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A