Website BC Ferries
As a Senior Master, you are responsible for the overall management of employees and the vessel, including managing and leading the Shipboard Management Team.
- The Senior Master is responsible for creating, forecasting, and balancing the deck and overall budget for the vessel.
- The Senior Master coordinates the effective performance of the vessel and its personnel in providing safe, efficient, economic, and timely transport of passengers and vehicles.
- You will also participate in ensuring high standards of employee engagement and customer service in accordance with company objectives.
- Have minimum 3 years’ experience as a Master of a vessel over 350 GRT including management of the activities of deck and shipboard employees;
- Are computer proficient with a good working knowledge of current software programs;
- Are an innovative leader with a strong focus on customer service and Company objectives; and
- Hold a Transport Canada-approved Master’s Certification (Near Coastal or Master Mariner);
- 1 year experience of shore-side management experience in a marine business setting;
- Ensure high standards of mariner professionalism and employee relations at all times.
- Ensure regulatory compliance with a high level of importance on overall safety;
- Hold relevant post-secondary education or combination of education and experience;
- Successful clearance on a BC Ferries vessel within 180 days of appointment;
Company: BC Ferries
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Alert Bay, BC , CA
Application Deadline: N/A