Website BC Ferries
Your passion is retail and your goal is generating revenue through effective purchasing decisions. As a Retail Buyer, you purchase assigned categories in support of corporate retail strategies and revenue goals.
- You negotiate payment terms and conditions.
- You conduct intensive financial analysis, and make recommendations based on the analysis.
- You have experience in working with retail management systems and evaluating financial data.
- You research trends and industry information regarding products, product safety, and potential sources of supply.
- You have a minimum of 3 years experience in retail management/merchandising in a high volume, multi-chain garment/giftware environment.
- You have strong organizational skills, and mastery in the Microsoft suite of office tools
- You have excellent customer service and communication skill; both oral and written, and like to work interdependently.
- You have a Degree or Diploma in General Arts & Sciences, Retail, Marketing, Business, Design, or Economics, supplemented by recognized Purchasing courses from a recognized Purchasing Program.
- You are able to meet deadlines and able to work under pressure.
- You also have a minimum of 2 years recent purchasing in a high volume, multi-chain garment/giftware/souvenir environment; as well as a minimum of 2 years’ experience of product development for specialty markets.
Company: BC Ferries
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sidney, Cape Breton Island, CA
Application Deadline: N/A