Website Apotex Inc.
Responsible for maintaining a constant inventory of clean laboratory glassware and a clean laboratory workspace in accordance with established in-house cleaning procedure while under minimum supervision.
- Performs checking of glassware for cleanliness prior to restocking clean, dry glassware in storage areas in laboratories. Maintains a constant inventory of clean glassware and cleaning supplies. Orders new glassware if required.
- Receives all documents and laboratory supplies.
- Ensure personal adherence with all compliance programs including the Global Business Ethics and Compliance Program, Global Quality policies and procedures, Safety and
- Environment policies, and HR policies.
- Demonstrate Behaviours that exhibit our organizational Values: Collaboration, Courage, Perseverance, and Passion.
- Informs the supervisor if there is any issue with the equipment used for washing and verifies the equipment status prior to use.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of all relevant SOPs, Work Instructions and SWP’s required for the day-to-day work activities, particularly those involving safe handling of dirty glassware and chemicals.
- Works in a safe manner collaborating as a team member to achieve all outcomes.
- Performs collection and sorting of dirty glassware used in the laboratories and prepares glassware for washing as per the established in-house procedure.
- Provides timely assistance to lab chemists when requested.
- All other relevant duties as assigned.
- Performs loading and operation of glassware washers, dryer, and pipette washers according to applicable approved procedures.
- Performs collection of empty reagent bottles, full bins/drums of used syringes, filters and vials on a regular basis, or as needed. Performs coordination of laboratory waste removal.
- Good verbal and written English communication skills.
- Minimum Secondary School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good organization and time management skills
- Good interpersonal skills.
Company: Apotex Inc.
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A