Website Apotex Inc.
The Discovery Service Model Analyst will perform a multi-function system analyst role and is responsible for the quality of the service models created and maintained in the enterprise discovery system. You will ensure all performance standards, measures and service deliverables are in conformance with the existing service models and synced to the configuration management database.
- Work in close collaboration with Service Management SMEs to automate and integrate request fulfilment and maintain service insight and compliance with published technical services.
- Setup and maintenance of service models including automating audits, managing models to service compliance, identification and improvement of service mapping processes as well as proactively investigating issues with published service models.
- Analyses and manages the Service Models in the Discovery and Atrium Configuration Console driving best-practice and service model process standardization.
- Creates and manages models in the Enterprise discovery environment to automate asset discovery and application dependency mapping.
- Monitors the Discovery Modelling tool and ensures the data capture and service models are functioning correctly and troubleshooting issues.
- Reviews and analyses service impact to the production environment, communicating proactively with Enterprise Architecture, GIS SMEs and in GSD to enable changes to service models and while ensuring critical service mapping functions are not interrupted.
- Participate actively in-Service Management Office meetings about service modelling and technical service mapping and alert discussions.
- Recommend Improvements for CMDB, Discovery and Event environments
- Performs service model evaluations, monitors for violations, and assists with the improvements to the Service models and mappings to the CMDB service-related CIs
- Participate in the Identification, analysis, and the proof of concept of new solution and technology options within the ITSM cloud platform as well as audit and compliance inquiries.
- Administration, support and development of Discovery Pattern Mapping with built in tool and TPL coding language.
- Experience in Service Design, Service Transition and Service Operations and deploying ITSM Process / Tool suites in all aspects of the ITIL® Service Management lifecycle.
- In-depth knowledge of Configuration Management Database (CMDB) processes and practices.
- Proficient in use of office automation tools and workflow mapping tools including: Word, excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills which enables you to communicate clearly and concisely with business customers and technical support.
- Demonstrate Behaviours that exhibit our organizational Values: Collaboration, Courage, Perseverance, and Passion.
- Experience customizing and enhancing BMC Discovery as well as handling Integration with 3rd party tools.
- Knowledge of TPL programming language or the ability to learn new programming languages.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and the ability to embrace change with positivity and enthusiasm.
- Understanding of the key technologies relevant to integration solutions, including ODBC, REST, SOAP, LDAP, SSL, etc.
- Experience setting up Service Mapping/models for both on-prem and cloud systems.
- Strong technical understanding of legacy and hybrid multi cloud delivery models and technologies.
- General knowledge and experience of Shell scripting / Python on Linux & Power Shell / WMI on windows and the understanding of the scripting languages like Unix Shell
- Scripting, PowerShell, Python, and/or Ruby.
- Strong presentation, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Proven analytical and troubleshooting skills with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Intermediate knowledge of industry based standard configuration management tools (BMC preferred).
Company: Apotex Inc.
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A