Website Apotex Inc.
This role focuses on key aspects of financial reporting from management operational reporting to legal entity statements and governmental reporting (Statistics Canada). Reporting will encompass the Apotex group of Pharmaceutical companies and this role will ensure compliance and consistency with accounting policies of the company.
- Monitor and analyze monthly financial and non-financial information received to identify important trends and potential problem areas. Investigate unusual or uncertain items and present findings to Director, Corporate Finance.
- Support preparation of annual tax return through preparation of relevant schedules.
- Keep financial teams up to date on requirements of financial statement treatment and presentation and oversees organizational compliance with these principles.
- Make recommendations to next level management regarding improvements within financial reporting related to technology or process improvements.
- Utilize advanced analytical techniques to identify root causes in order to determine the next course of action.
- Ad hoc requests as required.
- Perform complex financial and consolidation transactions across all entities.
- Undertake Statistics Canada Reporting as required.
- Manage the intercompany reconciliation process.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with senior managers and peers in order to provide service and support to others as well as to be able to obtain the necessary information to perform the financial requirements of the role.
- Provide a specialized level of input into the development of standards and accounting treatment to be followed by the Apotex group. This is in line with the harmonization and standardization objective for Corporate Finance.
- Act as a senior technical specialist in dealing with senior level management across the Apotex group.
- Work with financial teams across the Apotex group to ensure accurate and relevant provision of information for consolidation purposes within established timelines.
- Ability to build strong working relationships and collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Demonstrated expertise in finance and accounting gained through a university degree and a recognized accounting designation.
- Superior influence and communication skills. Ability to work with multiple stakeholders professionally and efficiently.
- Proactive mindset. Upgrade and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Minimum 7 years work experience in a senior level financial role.
- Familiarity with IS solutions to support business objectives.
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail.
- Excellent working knowledge of SAP.
- Proven ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Company: Apotex Inc.
Job Category: Private
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A